Ever wonder if stress is ruling your life? This test, that paper. Your internship, class, five applications and ten deadlines. How do you keep up with it all? If you can’t remember the last time you laughed, chances are you’re taking life to seriously.
1. You spend all your idle time thinking about things you need to get done. Riding the bus, walking to class, or sitting in an elevator, all you can think about is the laundry, the dishes, the assignment due the Friday after next. Remember when you were a kid and long bus rides were ideal time for day-dream fantasy?
2. You meet up with friends, and the first thing you do is complain about how stressed out you are. The never ending saga of life, poor you. It’s easy to forget that there are much worse things in life, and these are in fact…first world problems.
3. You never leave home without your laptop, for fear that you may need to schedule or organize something on the go. Life can be hectic and it’s great to stay organized, but make sure to leave the digital dimension at home sometimes and learn to commune with an uncharted moment.
4. You can’t wait for….anything. Graduation, promotion, world domination. It’s an amazing beautiful thing to be ambitious, but don’t let your eager focus on the future ruin the present for you. Life is what happens while your waiting for tomorrow to come. Don’t let it pass you by too quickly.
5. You never laugh. Laugh long, laugh often, and laugh well because it’s the best medicine for the soul. People that can’t find humour in life live a very sad and boring existence.