By Amanda Reese
Everyone goes through a point in their life when their skin changes. It’s hard to ward off blemishes and breakouts. Here a few hints and trick to keep you face healthy.
1. Always wash your hand before dealing with your face. You cannot clean your face with dirty hands. Your hands and fingers contain oils and germs that you deposit on to your face if you do not clean them before. Scrub your hands well with antibacterial soup under warm water.
2. Don’t pick you blemish. Most of the time, picking your pimples creates scars. If your hands are not clean you can deposit dirt into the skin and make the healing process longer. Or worst—you can infect the pimple. It is best to let the blemish run it’s coarse no matter how tempted you are to pop it.
3. Exfoliate. Exfoliation helps rid the face of dead and dry skin. With softer skin, it gives blemishes a better chance to surface so it may run its course faster. You do not have to go out and buy any expensive brand of exfoliate. You can make an adequate exfoliate with what you have in your kitchen pantry. All you need is 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix them together until a paste is formed and apply it to your face in small circle formations.
4. Remember, you must moisturize your skin. The exfoliate may dry your skin out so make sure you moisturize your skin after. Moisturizing the skin keeps it looking young and healthy. Use any moisturizer that is SPF 15 or higher. You will appreciate it in the long run.
5. Never sleep with makeup on. We have all been guilty of this offense. You do not want to make a habit of this though. The pores of our skin need to breath and they cannot do so covered in makeup. When pores breathe they secrete sweat and natural lubricant for our skin. The lubricant helps moisturize and remove dead skin cells. The sweat and lubricant gets backed up in our pores when suppressed by makeup and causes acne.
6. It’s okay to go with no makeup, at all! Sometime, even though it may seem ludicrous, you can go out with no makeup on. Allow you face to breath naturally. If you must add something to you face on light days of work, try a tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizers allow a little color of foundation to give you a polished look, but it is still light enough not to bog down and irritate the skin.
Make sure you treat your skin well. In return, it will treat you well. The more care you take of your skin, the more it will radiate and glow on its own. Find a skin-cleaning regime that works well with you and stay true to it. Also, consult a dermatologist if your problems are too bad. The earlier you correct your skin problems, the easier it will be to clear them up.