by Amanda Reese
You want to turn heads in your itsy bitsy teeny-weeny yellow polka dot bikini? Here are some quick easy ways to get it done.
1. Eat more. It may sound counter productive, but eating more meals helps to speed up the metabolism. Your metabolism is responsible for burning the energy in your body. The energy it needs to burn comes from the fats that are stored in your body. Eat between five and six small-portioned meals a day instead of three big meals. This will also keep you feeling full longer and in result the need to eat less and consume fewer calories.
2. Eat fat releasing foods. These are the foods that will help break down the fat needed to metabolize faster and easier. Dark chocolate, eggs, ricotta cheese, shrimp and eggs all help release the fat from you least favorite places so you can watch those pounds drop.
3. Water is your friend. After breakfast, focus on consuming water than sugary juices and sodas. Soda helps to expand your stomach leaving way for the sense of not being full. On average Americans consume an extra 245 calories alone from sodas.
4. Believe in the color blue. Believe it or not, the color blue helps to suppress the appetite. So buy blue plates to eat on or wear the color blue out when you are going to eat. Find blue arrangements to decorate the table with. Let the mind do all the work.
5. Load up on yogurt. With so many flavors to choose from you won’t ever have to get tired of eating them.
6. Eat slowly. The slower you eat, the more time you allow the brain to catch up and tell the body how full it is. Put your fork down between each bite. Drink your water often. Engage in conversation around the dinner table. All these things will allow the 20-minute lag you brain has to catch up with your stomach and register how full it is.