You have been dying for warmer weather all semester long. Well, exams are over and it’s finally time to hit the beach! Before you hit the sand, be sure to pack up a few essentials and throw them into your beach bag to stay fashionable and comfortable all day long.
• Cute and functional flip flops – Cute because you can’t wear ugly shoes, and functional because expensive leather flip flops with a lot of embellishments or metal accents won’t last two seconds at the beach. Opt for rubber ones in a cute print or color.
• Chic cover up – Ever notice how there’s that one person who always suggests you hit a bar or restaurant as you’re leaving the beach? You are likely wet, sandy and wearing just a beach towel. Don’t let that stop you when you throw on a swimsuit cover up. There are even maxi –length options now for full coverage.
• Hair accessories – Your hair sure can take a beating at the beach – sun, sand, wind, saltwater. Securely braid or slick into a ponytail with some killer hair accessories. Bonus? At the end of the day, you are a beach goddess with natural waves.
• Sunscreen (of course) – This one is an essential, but did you know there are now hair products formulated with SPF as well? Protect those glossy locks from the drying effects of the sun by spritzing some on before you hit the waves.
• Stylish sunglasses – Protect those peepers from UV rays while rocking some super stylish sunglasses. You‘ll not only feel more comfortable out in the sun all day, you will look elegant doing it.
• Big, floppy hat – Yes, you’re wearing sunscreen. Yes, you’re wearing sunglasses. You may even be wearing a cover up, but nothing says beachy-casual cool like a big, floppy hat with a giant rim. This summertime essential is an attractive topper to any beach look.