Hallie is a digital content specialist at a digital marketing in agency in Columbus, Ohio. She received her Bachelors degree in Public Relations from Kent State Univerdity and moved back to her home town after graduating last year. In her free time she loves to write, travel, shop and spend time with her family and friends. She developed a love for fashion while in college and began using it as another form of self expression. Hallie can be contacted at [email protected]
If you go to a school that’s anything like the one I went to, you know there’s a fine line between being too dressed up for class and looking like you just rolled out of bed. I love fashion and after hours spent on Pinterest and becoming comfortable with my personal style, I think I nailed the perfect look for class. Everyone’s style is unique, but my go-to look is for the college student who wants to sleep in as late as possible, but still has time to look cute for class.
1. Boots – I’m obsessed with boots of all kinds. Heeled boots, over-the-knee boots, ankle booties, riding boots, you name it. Cute riding boots are the perfect option for class. First off, they’re comfortable. Trust me, I know “pain is beauty,” but when you’re hiking up hills to get to class on time, anything with a heel is out of the question. The best part about riding boots? They look great with your favorite pair of skinny’s or leggings.
2. Big sweater—This is my boho style coming out now. A big sweater (pullover or cardigan) is the best way to look fashionable while keeping it casual. Just slip it on over a plain tee or tank and you’re good to go. Not to mention, so many big sweaters are so heavy that they’re a cute substitution for a coat during the fall and spring. Don’t think this fashion staple is just for the colder months though; wear it with a cute pair of denim shorts and warm-weather booties for a boho-chic look.
3. Scarf – You could say I have a mild addiction to buying scarves. Mostly because you can add a scarf to almost any outfit and it will look great. Right now, my favorites are bulky infinity scarves. I think they’re perfect for the casual winter look and they keep you warm.
4. Jewelry – No outfit is complete without the proper jewelry. Since this go-to look is for class, I would go by the saying “less is more.” Throw on a couple of cute midi rings with a statement ring or bracelet and you’re good to go. If you’re not wearing a scarf, try adding a necklace to complete your outfit such as a simple drop or everyday pendant necklace.
5. Hat – I think every girl looks great in a cute beanie. If you’re having an amazing hair day, don’t bother, but if you woke up late and don’t have time to shower then your beanie will become your best friend.
6. Tote bag – Your school bag has to serve two purposes: It should be fashionable and functional. Large tote bags are perfect for students because you’re constantly carrying around your laptop and books, but you’ll look great while doing it. My advice on this is to pick something that’ s a solid color, fairly basic and not too trendy. Tote bags have a tendency to be expensive and as a college student with limited funds, you’ll want it to last you a couple of years.