Is there something not quite right about your hair cut? Did it look amazing on that model in the photograph, but just so-so on you? It’s probably because it’s not right for your face type. Read on for the best hair style options for everyone out there.
1) Heart-Shaped – Hair length that hits just below the jaw line helps fill out the point of the jaw for sweet heart-shaped women. If your jaw is on the pointy side, offset that with added body and waves to your hair texture with a large-barreled curling iron. However, beware of adding too much fullness. Any extra body on top just further emphasizes the imbalanced point on the bottom.
2) Long and Lean – A cute, right on trend pixie cute looks amazing on ladies with long and lean face shapes. You’ll want to separate a few pieces up front and make them a bit jagged and punk-y to achieve a more modern look. Bring out your eyes by making sure some tendrils and waves lay right at your eye line.
3) Oval – A chic center part on almost any length looks great on women with oval faces. But to avoid looking too severe, add some soft beachy waves. A versatile shoulder-length bob can balance out oval-shaped faces by a side part, straightened or wavy.
4) Round – Ask your stylist for an asymmetrical cut with long layers to elongate a rounder face. Super sophisticated side-swept bangs work well too. Trying a bob that is longer in the front and shorter in the back looks edgy and cool.
5) Square – Cutting your hair so it just hits your jaw line helps soften a square face. Or if you want to go longer, ask your stylist to razor cut a shaggy bob so the shortest layers hit right at your chin. Slimming and stylish!