By Amanda Reese
There is a look that will never go out of style—the natural look. Here are some sure-fire ways to make sure you look better without makeup.
1. Keep Yourself Clean. This may seem obvious, but it cannot be stressed enough. Make sure you use a cream rather the bar soaps. Bar soups tend to dry the skin out. Creams have built in moisturizers. Make sure you wash your hair with a rich lather and use conditioner only on the shaft of the hair. If you apply the conditioner to the scalp, it could make your hair too greasy or cause flakes.
2. Drink plenty of water. You can put as much moisturizer on your skin as you want. If you don’t drink plenty water you skin will look dry and scaly. You lose a lot more fluids during the summer because you sweat more. Keep hydrated because your skin will tell if you are not. Drink between 5-8 glasses a day.
3. Take care of your pearly whites. Oral hygiene is very important. The first thing people look at on your face is your mouth, especially if you are talking. Flossing and brushing twice a day not only makes sure your teeth look good but it also make sure you get out any food particles that may cause bad breath. Nothing can dress you up better than your smile.
4. Tame your brows. It may hurt temporarily but it will be worth it in the long hall. Something as simple as keeping your eyebrows neat can make all the difference in the world.
5. Eat healthy. Fruits and vegetable have the necessary antioxidants and vitamins needed to keep your skin looking anew. If you are not particular of fruits, vegetables or both there are many health alternatives like supplements. Ultimately, strawberries, blueberries, kale and spinach keep you looking your best.
6. Beauty Sleep. There is nothing more dreadful that bags and dark circles under your eyes. Make sure you get plenty of rest no matter how many parties you are invited to. Cucumbers or a cold tower compress can reduce swelling you may have there already. The average person need at least 8 hours of sleep each night, maybe even more.
7. Keep your eyes clear. With all the pollen floating around, allergies are bound to flare. First comes the sneezing, and then comes the runny nose, finally come the watery eyes. No one wants to look as if they had just been crying so keep a bottle of eye drops in your purse for a quick refresher. It will seem to brighten your whole face. You can pick up a bottle of eye drops from your local pharmacy on the way out.