Many ‘beauty tip’ pieces are really just glorified product endorsements. Here are some real tips for improving your life without spending a dime:
1. Toothpaste on a zit – if you have a big, nasty zit, putting a little toothpaste on it will make it go away quickly.
2. Rubbing Alcohol on a bug bite – the best, fastest, and most effective way to start the healing process on a mosquito bite is to use a cotton ball to apply rubbing alcohol. Deodorant will also help with the itch.
3. Lip balm on a paper-cut – or if your hands begin to crack in the winter. No more stinging and it’ll seal the cut up!
4. Blush – way more important a make up item than most people think, just a little cheap blush goes a long way to making you look healthy.
5. Spaghetti to light a candle – you can use a long piece of dried spaghetti like a match to light the candles you can’t seem to reach in to any more without burning your fingers.
6. Use your hair straightener to iron your collar – be careful if you’re already wearing the shirt, but it works! (Don’t do this while you’re wearing the shirt.)
7. Use a spoon to do your mascara – hold a spoon behind your eyelashes while you put mascara on to prevent getting mascara on your eyelid.
8. Hot water, lemon, and honey – the best thing for a sore throat. A shot of scotch on the side doesn’t hurt as long as you don’t have to sing.
9. Speaking of honey – it’s good for a lot of things. Eating a tablespoon before you work out will actually make you a better athlete.
10. Drinking water – everyone knows this, but the more water you drink, the better you’ll feel and the better your skin will look.
And as a bonus, at the end of the day, you might want to Google how to make a brownie in a mug and have a quick and delicious dessert. Yum.