Has your beauty routine fallen apart? Are you simultaneously trying to blow dry your hair and apply your eyeliner? Can’t decide on what to wear and try on about a million outfits? Is your boyfriend tapping his foot at the door? Are your besties blowing up your phone wondering where you are?
Time to get it together, girl! Follow this step-by-step guide to getting ready so you’ll be out the door on time and looking fab!
• 1 hour before you have to walk out the door, step out of the shower. You may have to adjust this time if you have just washed your hair, but don’t add more than fifteen minutes to dry and style your wet hair. Brush out your hair and apply any hair products.
• 45 minutes before you have to walk out the door, apply make-up. Do your whole routine, except finishing powder and any lip gloss or lipstick. Work on your make-up routine so you get the look you want in fifteen minutes or less.
• 30 minutes before you have to walk out the door, get dressed. At this time, you will have your make-up done and damp or un-styled hair. Pick out everything you need from shoes to clutch to other accessories and jewelry. Try on multiple outfits if you need to, but careful with your make-up.
• 15 minutes before you have to walk out the door, style your hair. Fully dressed and with your make-up already done, style your hair how you want it for the night. Straightened, braided or loose waves, finish with a bit of hairspray or shine serum.
• 5 minutes before you have to walk out the door, swipe on finishing powder, apply lip gloss, and do a final check on your outfit. Sit down, walk a little in your choice of shoes and check yourself out in a full length mirror.
• 1 minute before you have to walk out the door, load up your purse with the essentials such as breath mints, lip gloss, hair accessories, your id and money.
It’s official – you’re ready on time and look fantastic!